The Our Kids Clinical Department is committed to ensuring that every child in foster care receives individualized quality physical and emotional healthcare to promote wellness and restore health consistent with best practice.
The Our Kids Nurse Case Management Team provides medical case management services to children in licensed foster care by:
The Our Kids Behavioral Health Team manages the assessment and referral process for behavioral health services including mental health residential programs. Their work includes:
- Providing ongoing support and education to foster parents and case workers to promote access and timeliness to medical services.
- Connecting medically complex children to Children’s Medical Services (CMS) and Medical Foster Care.
- Compiling healthcare information on an ongoing basis to keep children healthy and safe.
- Developing collaborative working relationships with hospitals and pediatric healthcare providers.
- Providing ongoing consultation and support to caregivers on timely access to quality behavioral health services.
- Ensure that all children in out of home care receive a Comprehensive Behavioral Health Assessment within 30 days following entry into foster care.
- Monitor that children in foster care are connected to behavioral health services that meet their unique needs.