||Medical/ Dental Care:
- During the first quarter of fiscal year 2009-2010, 42% of children received preventive dental within 30 days; by the 4th quarter the number increased to 79%.
- Partnering with Miami Children’s Hospital, over 264 children per year receive low cost dental services via the Mobile Dental Unit.
- Partnering with the Miami Lighthouse Heiken Children’s Vision program, 135 children per year receive free vision exams and glasses.
- Over 935 children per year are scheduled for an Initial Health Screening within 72 Hours of removal.
- Over 835 children per year are scheduled for a Pediatric Comprehensive Medical Evaluation and Child Health Check-Ups.
- 100% of children receive a behavioral health assessment within 45 days of entering care. 95% had a completed assessment within 24 days.
- Children in foster care are promptly connected to community mental health services, as needed, resulting in a 59% decrease in children residing in State In-Patient Psychiatric Programs locked facility).
- Children who are in need of a higher level of care, such as an inpatient psychiatric facility, are promptly linked to this services and their treatment is monitored regularly.
- Implemented a process to screen all children ages birth to 4 years for emotional, social and developmental disorders using the Ages and Stages Questionnaire. This process facilitates referrals to Early Intervention Services.